Roasted Sausage w/ Lusty Monk Mustard Vinaigrette
2 Tbsp Lard
1 large Onion, sliced
6 small Potatoes, cut into thin wedges
1 large handful, Spinach
Sea Salt, to taste
1 pastured Egg Yolk
3 Tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
2 Tbsp Lusty Monk Alter Boy Mustard
1/2 tsp fresh chopped Rosemary
1/2 cup Olive Oil
a pinch of Sea Salt
Preheat the oven to 350F
Heat a 12 inch cast iron pan over medium-high heat. Once warm add the lard, and once melted add the sausage, arranging them around the outer edge of the pan. Once browned on one side, flip and add the potatoes and onions in the middle.
Stir occasionally while sautéing for a few minutes.
Place the pan in the oven and continue to cook for about 10-12 minutes.
While the pan is in the oven, make the vinaigrette by whisking together the egg yolk, rosemary, vinegar, and mustard while slowly drizzling in the olive oil.
In the final few minutes of cooking, add the spinach and a sprinkle of sea salt.
Continue to cook until the spinach is wilted.
Remove from the oven and serve with a side of sauerkraut and mustard vinaigrette.
Black Beans and Corn
• 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
• 1 (15 ounce) can corn, drained
• 4 fresh tomatoes, diced
• 1/2 cup red onion, chopped
• 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
• 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and diced
• 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
• 1 tablespoon olive oil
• 1 tablespoon Lusty Monk mustard
• 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
• 2 dashes hot sauce
• In a medium bowl, combine black beans, corn, tomatoes, onion, cilantro, jalapeno, lime juice, oil, salt, pepper, mustard and hot sauce, and cook. When done place in refrigerator and serve as salad.