Dark Beer and LustyMonk Mustard Glazed Wings
1 tablespoon unsalted butter
1 clove garlic, minced
2 tablespoons Lusty Monk Original Sin Mustard
1 1-inch piece ginger root, peeled and smashed
1 bottle dark beer
2 tablespoons tamarind chutney (available at any Indian or Middle Eastern grocery)
1 teaspoon agave nectar
6 chicken wings, separated at the joint (12 total pieces)
1 tablespoon canola oil
a few dashes hot sauce
1. Melt the butter in a small saucepan over medium heat and sauté the garlic and smashed ginger until fragrant, 2-3 minutes, stirring frequently.
2. Add the tamarind, agave nectar, mustard and hot sauce stir to cook completely, then slowly add the beer to prevent it from foaming over.
3. Bring to a light boil, then lower to a simmer and cook until reduced by half or until the glaze coats the back of a spoon.
4. Season the chicken wings lightly with Kosher salt.
5. Heat the canola oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium high heat and brown the chicken wings for 8-10 minutes, turning once.
6. Preheat the oven to 190C, then transfer the wings to a foil-lined baking sheet.
7. Use a basting brush to apply a thick layer of glaze to the wings, then bake for 10 minutes, glaze again and bake for another 10 minutes.