Pistachio- Lusty Monk Mustard Salmon
Adapted from Pistachio-Crusted Honey Mustard Salmon, The Shrinking Chef
3 tbsp. honey
3 tbsp. Lusty Monk Alter Boy mustard
1 tsp. fresh lemon juice
3/4 lb. salmon fillet, skin removed, cut into two pieces
1/2 cup roasted, shelled pistachios (preferably unsalted)
1/2 tsp. dried oregano
Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
1. Preheat oven to 400 F.
2. In a shallow bowl, combine the honey, mustard and lemon juice. Add the salmon fillets and turn to coat.
3. Chop the pistachios to a coarse crumb. Combine with the oregano, salt and pepper and transfer to a plate. Dip each honey-mustard pieces of salmon in the pistachios, pressing down gently to coat, and transfer the salmon piece to a baking dish. Spoon any remaining pistachios over the fillets.
4. Bake salmon until fish flakes with a fork and is the desired doneness, about 20 to 25 minutes.
Wine-Braised Mustard Greens
2 tbsp. olive oil
1 bunch mustard greens, stems removed and greens cut into 2-inch wide pieces
4 garlic cloves, minced
Seasoned salt, to taste
1/3 cup dry white wine (such as sauvignon blanc)
1 tbsp. white balsamic vinegar
1. Heat olive in a steep-sided skillet over medium-high heat. Add greens and garlic and sauté until the greens are wilted, about 5 minutes. Add the wine, stir to combine, cover and reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer greens until tender, about 10 minutes.
2. Remove lid and continue to cook if there is excess moisture in the pan (greens shouldn’t be completely dry, but you don’t want them swimming either). Turn off the heat, add the white balsamic vinegar and stir to combine.